Highly Sensitive People/Intuitive Warriors
Can you relate?
- Are you easily overwhelmed by such things as bright lights, strong smells, coarse fabrics, or sirens nearby?
- Do you get rattled when you have a lot to do in a short amount of time?
- Do you feel deeply and empathize easily?
- Do you need to withdraw during busy days, into bed or a darkened room or some other place where you can have privacy and relief from the situation?
- Do you make it a high priority to arrange your life to avoid upsetting or overwhelming situations?
- Do you have a rich and complex inner life?
- When you were a child, did your parents or teachers see you as sensitive or shy?
If you find yourself saying, "YES!", you've come to the right place.
1 in 5 people have a highly sensitive nervous system.
You were born with this trait, and nothing is wrong with you!
As a highly sensitive therapist who is passionate about serving those with highly sensitive nervous systems, I understand that living with this trait brings unique gifts and unique challenges.
You may be here because you are feeling overwhelmed or confused about why life is so challenging for you. You may be at a loss for how to handle your strong emotions or you may struggle to trust yourself and feel confident.
Maybe you are craving insight and tools for how to be yourself and less overwhelmed. Or you may be craving compassion, validation that you are not crazy, and permission to be yourself.
If you have a highly sensitive nervous system and relate to any of the above, there are common challenges we face, and you need someone who "gets it" and has years of professional experience and expertise to guide and support you.
I've also created an online community for Highly Sensitive People which I call Intuitive Warrior. This is a non-therapeutic resource which offers powerful online programs and community support. Learn More
*Questions taken from hsperson.com